Monday, October 10, 2011

Planned Visit for Wednesday, the 12th

Every time I make a trip to Jefferson County, I am pleased to make the acquaintance of residents who are deeply invested in the future of the county. Whether they are business owners, county or city government employees, or people who are just going about their day to day lives. I will be in Jefferson County tomorrow, Wednesday, October 12th, to see if I can speak with extension office, a few school officials, and church communities.

While it is an important factor in my visits to the county, this is not just an effort to get the word out about our upcoming public visioning meeting. I will be handing out fliers for the event but my visit is also for the purpose of absorbing as much information and public perception as possible. Over the last two weeks, I have learned that more people in Jefferson County (than previously thought) know that "a bunch" of FSU students are working with the county for a future development plan. I think the more we are able to talk to people about what we are actually working towards, the less chance there will be for any misunderstanding and resentment in the future. Communication is key in a project like this and I sincerely hope that people will be open and honest if they allow any of us a chance to speak with them.

Looking forward to meeting new people on Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment